10 Affordable Ways to Look Younger
By India-Jewel Jackson August 21,2007
In a society packed with products, procedures and treatments designed to help turn back the hands of time, it can become difficult to chose the best and most affordable options. Here are 10 easy and inexpensive ways to look and feel great without breaking the bank:
1. Use Sunscreen: The sun’s damaging UVA rays are responsible for premature aging, fine lines and wrinkles. Protecting your skin with proper sun protection is one of the best investments you can make.
TRY: Obagi CRX C-SunGuard SPF 30, it contains 9% micronized zinc oxide and 7.5% octinoxate to protect skin from UVA/UVB rays linked to premature aging of the skin, while protecting the skin’s natural glow. SRP $37, available at dermatologist offices.
2. Treat & Moisturize: Dry skin is dull skin. Using a daily moisturizing treatment formulated with powerful antioxidants and an SPF will seal in moisture and help plump skin cells, while fighting free radical damage. Skin will look younger and healthy looking.
TRY: Neutrogena Anti-Oxidant Age Reverse Day Lotion SPF 20, a triple antioxidant treatment that moisturizes and neutralizes skin-damaging free radicals to hydrate, improve roughness and treat uneven skin tone and age spots. Formulated with Helioplex technology to provide cellular protection and sun-induced DNA damage. SRP $19.99, available at drugstores.
3. Keep Pearly Whites White: A brighter, whiter smile will take instantly take years off your face.
TRY: Crest Whitestrips Renewal Age Defying White Strips will reveal a younger looking smile in just 10 days when used twice daily for 30 minutes. SRP $39.99, available at ULTA stores/ULTA.com.
4. Don’t Stop Browsing: Scarce, gray or unruly brows can leave eyes looking older and droopy. In addition to basic brow grooming, don’t be afraid to use a natural looking eyebrow pencil or gel to fill them in for a more youthful, eye-popping look.
TRY: Bare Escentuals A-List Brows for a quick and easy brow makeover complete with 100% natural brow color that won’t stain or irritate the sensitive eye area, finishing brow gel, tweezers, angled brow brush and easy how-to directions and tips. SRP $45, available at ULTA stores/Ulta.com.
5. Loose the Excess Baggage: Dark circles and under eye bags are one of the most apparent signs of aging. In addition to drinking enough water, eating well and sleeping at least 8 hours a night, look for a tinted eye cream formulated with a PHA like Gluconalactone.
TRY: CoverBlend Multi-Function Concealer, a treatment concealer that moisturizes and corrects skin imperfections around the delicate eye area, while providing superior anti-aging benefits such as the improvement of fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness. This formula is non-creasing, long-lasting and water resistant. SPR $16, available at ULTA stores/ULTA.com.
CLICK BELOW FOR FIVEW MORE WAYS TO LOOK YOUNGER!
6. Go from Geek to Chic: No matter how stylish, glasses are often associated with being old. Toss the specs and opt for contact lenses that are far more functional than glasses.
TRY: 1â€¢DAY ACUVUE MOIST Contact Lenses, soft, daily disposable contact lenses that provide corrected vision, UV protection and comfort all day long. With a technological advancement that allows lenses to retain moisture, allergy sufferers and those who suffer from ocular allergies receive even greater benefits. SRP $30 per box (1 month supply)
7. Does your Stylist Make the Cut?: Keep your hair fresh and modern. Kick up your color and get the right cut for a younger look. As we age, our hair tends to get dull (and gray)—a richer tone of your natural color and accented highlights will redefine your facial features.
8. Drink Plenty of Water and Eat Colorful Foods: Water keeps you hydrated from the inside out. Colorful fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins and antioxidants have cancer-preventing benefits.
9. Practice Deep Breathing Exercises: Stress increases the concentration of hormones, raises blood pressure and suppresses the immune system, ultimately taking a toll on how we look and feel. Deep Breathing 10 minutes a day helps to reduce your stress level, relax your facial muscles and promotes circulation, oxygenating skin cells.
10. Exercise: Cardio will keep your heart strong and healthy, while strength training builds and maintains muscle mass that can be lost as we age. It also promotes endurance and stronger bones.
MORE GLAM BLOGS
Glam Editor Blogs
Star Scoop: Beyoncé Wants You to 'Miss A Meal,' J.Law and Bradley Cooper's 'American Hustle,' ...
April 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Indie Bands We're Loving: Get the Alice Glass of Crystal Castles Look
April 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM